Underground Services & Asset Locating
- Fiber and Telecommunications cable
- Stormwater pipes – clay, steel, PVC, concrete
- Water pipes- cast iron, PVC, steel and copper
- Sewer pipes & septic tanks
- Gas Lines
- Utility and Power Cables & Wires
- Void Detection and Location
- Underground Storage Tank Locating and Unidentified Buried Objects,
Electromagnetic (EMR) Cable and Pipe Locating – EMR is the most accurate technology used to locate today. We utilize EMR for locating live service mains and lines. With EMR, we can detect magnetic fields or signals that lie around pipes or cable. There are many variables with EMR, which is Precise Locating, Inc. has a growing reputation for reliability in everything we do. Different currents are emitted from pipes and cables, depending on their conductivity or ground conditions. Precise Locating, Inc. understands how to work with different frequencies to locate the surrounding lines and obtain better results.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)– We combine our GPR services with EMR to achieve the most consistent locates available today. GPR is a non-destructive method for locating lines, pipes and structures below the ground surface. EMD and radio frequencies combine to detect electromagnetic signals from beneath the soil and pavement. We then record these signals as specific material locates, and mark them clearly on our shop drawings.
Non-Destructive Digging (NDD) – NDD is the safest way to prevent damage to pipes, cables and other items buried underground. Using a high-pressure water gun, we can safely locate in areas of high concern without digging into the ground, thus avoiding any cuts or contact damage.
Site Mark-up located pipes and lines- We will place easy-to-identify markings on the ground surface, whether flags or paint, for your crews to follow.
- Shop Drawings – We take great pride in the shop drawings we provide to our clients. No rudimentary sketches here!
- PDF files
- Scaled and organized
- Color-coded with clear reference points
- Clearly-defined utility paths
- Easy-to-interpret drawings match the site mark-ups in the field.